Thursday, January 15, 2009

More Resolutions

I just thought of some more resolutions for this years projects!

  • Blankets for the family, I made this really awesome blanket for Aden and now my Brother in Law and Mother in law want one....Maybe for their birthdays?
  • I want to learn to crochet or knit, mostly crochet, and pick up embroidering again.
  • I record this show on the DIY network called Craft Lab, hosted by my favorite Kitschy Artist Jennifer Perkins, and this holiday season they did an episode on this AMAZING beaded tree! It looks like a lot of work but it's small enough that I think I could do this in front of the TV in the evenings (when I'm relaxing after work and the baby tucked away in bed). But check it out for yourself. I know an Aunt who would love this baby!

Well that's all I have for now. I really think I'm going to start on a project soon, so I can show you what I did instead of just talking about what I want to do. But I think I might start my embroidering back up with a needled point serenity prayer to hang in the house first. I was feeling down about the world and all it's injustices lately, so my wonderful Husband suggested I pray this, and it helped me feel a little bit better about all I was thinking and feeling. So I leave you with it, hopefully it will help you too!

O God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time.
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace.
Taking, as He did, the sinful world as it is, not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with Him
Forever
Amen

No comments: