Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So this....

Is my first personal blog posting. I had so much fun with my family blog that I decided that I would start one for myself, and all the random thoughts that pop into my head, and my random projects. Speaking of projects, I think I'll start off with my 2009 New Years Resolution Projects.

1. Custom Felt Advent Calendar for Aden. I've seen some online that people have made from felt and I know it will be a lot of work (cause I made two this Christmas for my Nephews) but my baby is worth it, plus I'll have a whole year to work on it, if I don't wait till November to start them. I want to make them with the sequins and beads like the stocking kits you can buy, but it's going to be all my own design! Like the one you see here at the left. This is really where the idea started. I think it will be a lot of fun, but I need to brush up on my embroidering skills.

2. Make at least two of the ba-zillion brand new patterns that I have sitting up in my closet with some of the two tons of unused fabric that I have. I'm such a junkie for fabric and patterns, even if I never get around to them I can't help but buy more. UGH! You think I might need rehab?

3. I want to make this really cool Play Canopy for Aden's room. Once we don't need the changing table or his baby swing anymore (which is really soon now) we'll have room for it. And he's almost walking now too. If not this year then maybe next, it might be a little premature to make it so soon but I just LOVE it and I think it's way cool, I would have wanted it as a child for sure.

4. I got these really cool pincushion patterns from Heather Bailey this Christmas from the husband and I LOVE them! I want to work on making some for friends and family, and even making them into Christmas Tree ornaments for next year with the sequins and beads and all the fabulous-ness that comes with the season. (What's with all the Christmas themed resolutions?)

5. Organize my house better! We've been living in our current apartment now since July and I still feel like we just moved in. Maybe it's because we hardly spend any time at home, but I think that's about to change now that the wedding is over, Holiday's are over, etc. But this is a must accomplish resolution for me or I might just go mad looking for things!

That's all I currently have planned right now, well the big projects anyways, I have some really small ones planned as well but we will see. Oh and if you're wondering about the blog title, It's just one of my favorite Spanish words, the Cucuy is like the Spanish bogey man. I just have always loved this word for some reason. Sorry the explanation isn't better then that. But anyways I hope you all enjoy, or at least don't fall asleep while reading my blog. Take care!

No comments: